6. How One Moment Can Change Your Whole Career / Brent Williams from Empower U
Brent Williams is the co-founder of Empower U, Australia's leading personal development and life skills program for young people. He is a legend and knows A LOT about how to engineer a fulfilling career.
We cover a lot in this episode including:
- Brent's incredible story about being held at gunpoint at 18 years old and how it changed his life forever.
- The journey he went on to starting Empower U - a personal development program for young people that has had over 30,000 graduates to date.
- The skills that school are not covering but are important to learn.
- Multipotentialites and how there isn't 'one' answer/job/career that you have to choose when you leave school.
- The importance of facing challenges and getting uncomfortable.
- Social media and how it impacts careers.
- Toxic friendships and letting them go.
Videos we discuss in the ep:
- Multipotentialites - TED Talk
- Gary Vee - taking risks in your 20s
Empower U details:
Unserious Career e-book and audio experience for school leavers / young people in the first 5 years of their career coming out Feb 15! Head to the website below to add your name to the list. Good things come to those on the list!
DM me on Insta or email me firstname.lastname@example.org to chat!