11. What Doctor Life In Your 20s Actually Looks Like / Dr Jeff Ko's Story
Ever wanted to know what it was like to be a young doctor? Well, this episode will give you all the details. Dr Jeff Ko is an absolute champion and he tells it like it is. A must listen for anyone with an interest in the medical field.
We chat about:
- His experiences attending a high achieving school.
- Moving to Australia from New Zealand to study undergraduate medicine.
- What the journey has been like becoming a doctor.
- The influence his family has had on his career.
- How he landed on cardiology as a specialty.
- What a typical work day looks like.
- The actual lifestyle of a doctor (it's not as glamorous as TVs make it look!)
- How accurate the perception is that becoming a doctor is a good way to make a lot of money.
- KPIs in hospitals.
- Debunking the idea that the best reason to become a doctor is because you want to help people.
- Studying medicine in the classroom vs a hospital in front of a patient.
- How he maintains a life outside of medicine and the importance of finding something to laugh at everyday.
Grab your copy of the Unserious Careers book! Designed for young people in the first 5 years of their career:
DM me on Insta or email me firstname.lastname@example.org to chat!